- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 stick lemongrass, bruised
- 1 star anise, optional
- 5cm piece of ginger, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1l chicken stock
- 3 chicken breast fillets
- 2 large carrots, spiralised or sliced with a y-shaped peeler
- 100g rice noodles
- 100g broccoli, cut into small florets
- 100g beansprouts
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 small bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, sliced
Preparation: 5-10 minutes to peel, slice and cut
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the lemongrass, star anise, ginger and peppercorns over a low heat for 1 minute.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, add the chicken breasts and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts onto a plate. Strain the stock and return it to the pan. Bring it to the boil, add the noodles and broccoli and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Thinly slice the cooked chicken, then add back to the pan with the carrots and beansprouts. Bring to the boil and add the fish sauce and lime juice.
- Serve in bowls, topped with the herbs and chili.
Recipe is from Netmums.