Here is another recipe if you crave some Asian flavours.
- 10-15 chicken wings, tips removed and separated at the knuckle
- 100 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 50 g brown sugar
- 150 g tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 75 ml dry sherry
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 1 stick lemongrass, bruised
- optional hotness: 2 tbsp green Thai curry paste
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp cold water
- juice of 2 large limes
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
Preparation: 15 minutes to chop, cut, slice and bruise
Cooking time: 3-4 hours on low and 40 minutes on high
- Add the ingredients up to the cornflour to the slow cooker.
- Stir and cook on high setting for 30 minutes then 3-4 hours on low.
- Mix the cornflour with the water to make a paste and stir into the slow cooker. Cook for another 5-10 minutes on high setting to thicken the liquid.
- Add the sesame seeds and lime juice and stir well.
- Serve with rice or stir-fried vegetables and noodles.