What to do if we have too many ripe bananas? Well, I have great solutions for that. 😉 Ripe bananas are excellent sweeteners and often used in sugar free dessert recipes.
My husband loves bananas and often requests my banana muffins, so we buy bananas in bulk. I am seriously thinking of planting a banana tree in the garden. Would they grow in gloomy England?
So here is my banana muffin recipe that makes about 6 medium sized muffins. My favourite sugar free banana recipe is however the dairy-free banana pancake. 😉
Sugar free banana muffins
- 70g self-raising flour
- 1 pinch of ground cinnamon, nutmeg or mixed spice
- 30g butter
- 2 large, very ripe bananas
- 1 large egg, beaten
Serving: 6 medium sized muffins
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 190°C and lightly butter a muffin tray or line with paper cases.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat or in the microwave on low setting.
- In a big bowl, mash the bananas to a smooth puree consistency using a potato masher/fork.
- Add the eggs and melted butter and mix well.
- Sift the flour and spices into a separate big bowl and make a well in the center.
- Pour the banana mixture into the flour and fold together lightly, then spoon the mixture into the muffin tray.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown and springy, then remove from the oven and allow to cool for a few minutes before turning out.
If you want to add different flavours to the muffins you can add a handful of chopped dried fruit into the banana mixture.
I got the sugar free banana muffins recipe from my favourite Baby Led Weaning book I bought when my daughter was 6 months old and just starting on solids. 🙂 Great times.