A healthy fish dinner.
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 10 baby new potatoes, cut in half lengthways
- a handful of frozen peas
- 100 g green beans, chopped into 2 cm pieces
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- salt, pepper
- 4 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 300 g salmon, skinned, diced
- optional for creaminess: 200 g creme fraiche
- 4 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
Preparation: 10-15 minutes to chop, cut and dice
Cooking time: 4-5 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high
- Place all ingredients up to the tarragon into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low setting for 4-5 hours or on high for 2-3 hours.
- Add the tarragon and the salmon to the slow cooker and stir well. Turn up the heat to high.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes on high setting until the salmon is just cooked.
- Before serving stir in the creme fraiche and chives.