A slow cooker version of my favourite lamb recipe.
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 4 pieces of 4 cm thick lamb neck chops
- 115 g black pudding, cut into 4
- 55 g pearl barley, soaked
- 3 tbsp flour
- 6 tbsp cold water
- 3 large baking potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 300 ml lamb or chicken stock
- salt, pepper
Preparation: 10-15 minutes to chop, cut and slice
Cooking time: 4-5 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high
- Place half the onions, carrots and garlic in the slow cooker.
- Add the lamb, then the black pudding on top of it.
- Top with the rest of the onions, carrots and garlic and finally the pearl barley.
- Mix the flour with the water to make a paste, then pour it over the slow cooker content.
- Place overlapping potato slices on top and pour the stock over them, then season well.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4-5 hours or on high setting for 2-3 hours.