A quick and refreshing fish meal for hot summer evenings.
- 150 g couscous
- 200 g salmon fillet, skin on, sliced into finger-size strips
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 courgette, sliced into batons
- asparagus tips
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 3 tomatoes , roughly chopped
- 1 lemon , juice of
- 1 small handful fresh coriander , roughly chopped
- salt, pepper
Preparation: 7 minutes to chop the vegetables and soak the couscous.
Cooking time: 8 minutes
- Pour the couscous in a bowl, and pour over just enough boiling water to cover it. Set aside for 3 minutes to soak up the water.
- Drizzle the salmon with half a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the salmon strips on their side. Scatter over the courgette, asparagus and chilli, and cook for 5 minutes, turning the salmon over halfway. Remove the salmon strips to a plate.
- Mix the tomatoes, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the coriander into the couscous and season to taste.
- Add the couscous to the veggies left in the pan. Mix together and then put the salmon strips back into the pan on top of the couscous, place a lid on and put back on a high heat for 1 minute.
- To serve, spoon over some yoghurt.
Original recipe from Jamie Oliver.