- 600 g beef mince
- 1-2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 400 g chopped tomatoes
- 200 g Arrabiata or similar Italian sauce
- 100 g water
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp Worcester sauce
- 1 beef stock cube
- salt and pepper
- 300 g penne, cooked al dente
- 100 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- spinach or broccoli, to serve
Preparation: 15 minutes chopping and pre-cooking
Cooking time: 6-8 hours on low or 4-5 hours on high
- Brown the meat on the hob.
- Add all the ingredients listed up to the penne, mix well and cook for 6-8 hours on low setting or 4-5 hours on high.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta until al dente and drain well.
- Once the meat sauce is cooked stir in the pasta and cheese and cook for a further 30 minutes on high setting.
- Serve with spinach or broccoli on the side. Tip: Cooked or raw spinach can be mixed into the sauce.
This recipe is based on the Beef & Cheese Pasta recipe by The Cooking Jar.