- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 200 g chicken breast, diced
- chunk of fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 tbsp harissa paste, or more if prefer spicier
- 10 dried apricots, optional for a more Moroccan taste
- 240 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 200 g couscous
- 200 ml chicken stock
- a handful of fresh coriander, chopped, to serve
Preparation: 5 minutes slicing and dicing
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion for 1-2 minutes, just until softened.
- Add the chicken and fry for another 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
- Grate over the ginger and stir in the harissa well, then cook for 1 minute.
- Tip in the chickpeas, couscous (and apricots if using) and pour over the stock.
- Cover and leave for at least 5 minutes until the couscous has soaked up all the liquid.
- To serve, fluff the couscous with a fork and scatter over the coriander.