I don’t know about you but liver always causes controversy in my family. I like it and luckily my husband does too. My mum is not that keen. However when it comes to my in-laws the debate about whether or not to have liver for dinner becomes tense with my dad-in-law loving and my mum-in-law hating it. 🙂
Anyway, liver can be a very quick and easy dinner alternative that even adds to your daily iron intake. 😉
This recipe is one of the classics of Hungarian cuisine.
Fried Liver with Onions
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 big onion, sliced, rings separated
- 800 g liver (we use lamb), thinly sliced (i.e. finger sized)
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 100 ml red wine (optional)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp marjoram
- salt, pepper
Preparation: 5 minutes
Baking time: 10 minutes
- Heat the oil in the pan and fry the onion rings until golden.
- Meanwhile wash the liver and pat dry with kitchen towel.
- Add the liver to the fried onion and fry for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly.
- Add the mustard and the wine and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Season with the paprika, marjoram, salt and pepper and cook for another couple of minutes.
Serve with mash and gerkins (or anything else that your palate desires).
Jó étvágyat! 😉 (Bon apetite)