- 3 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 3 large onions, sliced thin, divided
- 1 kg pork leg or shoulder in one piece, skinned, trimmed of excess fat
- salt, pepper
- 250 ml red wine
- 250 ml water
- 125 ml reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 60 ml Worcester sauce
Preparation: 5 minutes slicing
Cooking time: 5-6 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high
- Add the celery, carrots, and half the onions in the slow cooker.
- Place the meat on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover with the remaining onions.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, then pour over the meat and cook for 6-8 hours on low setting or for 4-5 hours on high.
To thicken the sauce remove the meat and add 1 tbsp cornflour mixed with 1 tbsp cold water and heat it for a few minutes on high setting.
Original recipe is from debbiekoenig.