Chicken breast is a great option if you need to get dinner ready in half an hour to feed the hungry crowd after a long day at nursery/work. It doesn’t have much taste though so giving it a Parmesan-breadcrumb coating makes all the difference.
- 3 chicken breast, cut vertically into 5 mm thick
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 30 g breadcrumbs
- 30 g Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely chopped
- 400 g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp dried oregano
Preparation: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Dip the chicken in the egg, then the breadcrumb-Parmesan mixture. Lay them in an oven-proof dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the garlic for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and oregano. (If you have any remaining egg you can add that to the sauce.) Season well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking heat the grill to high and grill the chicken for 5 minutes on each side.
- Pour the tomato sauce on top of the chicken into the dish. Scatter over the remaining breadcrumb-Parmesan mix and grill for 5-10 minutes.
Serve with pasta or mashed potatoes and boiled vegetables or salad.