A long long time ago I used to collect recipe cards. It was a big collection with markers and a box container to store them in. I remember receiving them via post every week. The box is long gone but strangely the cards have survived all my house and country moves. They are a bit faded but can still be used. This recipe is on one of the cards…
Creamy Mustard Chicken with Green Pasta
- 700 g chicken breast, diced
- 40 g butter
- salt, pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp mustard seeds
- 250 ml white wine
- 200 ml double cream
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 250 g green tagliatelle
Preparation: 10 min, dicing and chopping
Cooking time: 30 min
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile heat the butter in a big pan and fry the onion and garlic for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the chicken breast, mustard seeds and pour in the wine. On medium heat simmer until 2/3 of the liquid evaporates.
- Pour in the cream, bring it to the boil and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Season to taste and sprinkle the lemon juice, then cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Mix it with the cooked pasta and serve with green vegetables or salad.
If you like crispier meat you can fry the chicken breast first, cook the sauce separately and only add the meat back in the sauce for the last 5 minutes, with the seasoning.