- 4 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 or 3 bell peppers, any color, cut into thin strips
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced vertically
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60 ml chicken stock
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt, pepper
- tortillas, diced avocado, sour cream, and salsa, to serve
Preparation: 5 minutes cutting
Cooking time: 4-6 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high
- Add the chicken into the slow cooker.
- Toss together the bell peppers, onion, garlic, oil and lime juice in a mixing bowl, then place on top of the chicken.
- Stir together the stock, cumin and oregano, and pour over all.
- Cover and cook 4-6 hours on low setting or 2-3 hours on high.
- Serve with tortillas, avocado, sour cream, and salsa.
Original recipe is from here.