A big favourite in my house is this Broccoli and Salmon Bake.
- 250 g penne
- 300 g broccoli, cut into large florets
- 25 g butter
- 25 g plain flour
- 600 ml milk
- 100 g mascarpone
- 8 sundried tomato (preserved in olive oil), drained and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp small capers (optional) rinsed
- 8 anchovy fillets, halved (optional)
- 10 large fresh basil leaves, roughly torn
- 4 salmon fillets, skinned
- 50g mature cheddar, finely grated
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 190 C.
- Cook the pasta for 6 minutes then add the broccoli, return to the boil and cook for 4 more minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile make the sauce by adding the butter, flour and milk in a large pan and heating, whisking continuously, until it thickens.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the mascarpone, sun-dried tomatoes, capers, anchovies and basil, then add the pasta and broccoli and season well.
- Halve the salmon fillets widthways and place the pieces in a single layer on the base of the ovenproof dish.
- Spoon the broccoli mixture on top, then scatter with the grated cheddar.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the mixture is just starting to bubble round the edges and the mixture is pale golden – don’t let it go too dark or the fish will overcook.
Recipe is from BBC.