A vegetarian meal.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red chili, chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 red peppers, chopped into 1 cm pieces
- 410 g can chickpeas, drained
- 1 tbsp lemongrass puree or 1 crushed lemongrass
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- juice of 1 large lime
- salt, pepper
- 4 tbsp coriander, chopped
Preparation: 10-15 minutes to chop, cut and dice
Cooking time: 4-5 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high
- Before turning on the slow cooker place the pot on the hob and heat the oil.
- Add the chili, ginger, garlic and onion and fry them until soft.
- Once the onion has a little colour add the remaining ingredients (except the chopped coriander) into the slow cooker and cook on low for 4-5 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- If it is too juicy cook for a further 15 minutes without the lid, stirring occasionally, to evaporate some of the liquid. Mind you that stirring will break the sweet potato cubes and they can turn mushy.
- Stir in the coriander.
- Serve with naan bread and sour cream.