Try the below recipe for some Mexican flavour. 😉
- 8 chicken thighs, preferably boneless and skinless
- 125 g salsa
- 350 ml chicken stock
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 small can of sweetcorn
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- for optional hotness: 1 tsp chili powder, 1 can (125 ml) green chiles
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp lime juice
Preparation: 10 minutes dicing and slicing
Cooking time: 6-8 hours on low
- Add all ingredients except lime juice to the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on low setting for 6-8 hours.
- Before serving stir in the lime juice.
- Serve with natural yogurt, cubed avocado, grated cheese and tortilla chips or rice.
Original recipe can be found as Mexican Chicken Stew.