Being on maternity leave again it is time to get the slow cooker out of the cupboard! 🙂
The slow cooker is my best friend when I don’t have time to cook during the day. I either prepare the ingredients the previous evening or early in the morning before getting the kids ready to leave the house.
It makes my life easier, less stressful and all in all, happier. 😀 So does my kids’ as I can concentrate on them all day long without worrying about dinner.
Apologies for the lack of photos but these are all newly found recipes and I’m saving them here as soon as they pass the family trial. Photos will come later when I practice these meals more.
- 680 g steak, cut into 5 cm cubes
- 250 ml beef stock
- 160 ml low sodium soy sauce
- 80 g brown sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced or very finely chopped
- florets of 1 broccoli, cooked separately to your liking
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 4 tbsp cold water
Preparation: 2 minutes to chop and dice
Cooking time: 4-5 hours on low or 2-3 hours on high
- Add all ingredients (except broccoli, corn flour and water) to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 4-5 hours or on high setting for 2-3 hours.
- In a small bowl mix corn flour and water until dissolved.
- Pour it into the slow cooker, stir and cook it for another 30 minutes.
- Before serving stir the broccoli into the slow cooker.
- Serve with rice or noodles.
This meal is based on this Slow Cooker Broccoli Beef recipe.